[Insight-users] Java troubles

Jarek Sacha jarek at ieee.org
Fri Jun 25 09:53:32 EDT 2004

This seems to be the same Linux bug as #741 reported back in April:
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=741

Jarek

--- "Blezek, Daniel J (Research)" <blezek at crd.ge.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I've been wanting to use ITK inside Java for various reasons.  I did a
> fresh checkout yesterday, and built with Java wrapping on.  I compiled
> the
> cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.java class and ran.  The program promptly
> seg-faulted inside the JNI wrappers (see log below).  I'm running RedHat
> 8.0, GCC 3.2 and Java 1.4.1_02.
>
>   This bug was reported as #893
> (http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=893&pos=8), has anyone
> made
> any progress, or could give me some direction?
>
> Thanks,
> -dan
>

> {practical:Java}1106:javac -classpath InsightToolkit.jar
> cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.java
> {practical:Java}1108:java -classpath InsightToolkit.jar:.
> cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter
>
> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
> Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x835CBA3
> Function=[Unknown.]
> Library=(N/A)
>
> NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
>       just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
>       reason and solutions.
>

> Current Java thread:
>         at

InsightToolkit.itkImageFileWriter_2DJNI.itkImageFileWriterUS2_Pointer_Update
> (Native Method)
>         at

InsightToolkit.itkImageFileWriterUS2_Pointer.Update(itkImageFileWriterUS2_Po
> inter.java:119)
>         at

cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.main(cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.java:22)