[Insight-users] Convert dicom image to other format

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jun 22 14:18:49 EDT 2004

Hi Frank,

What is the type:

         "VolumeType"   ?

What is the image modality contained in the
DICOM files ? (CT, MRI, PET )?

What are you using for viewing the resulting
MetaImage file ? (and concluding that it is
corrupted ?).

It is very likely that you are using an
inappropriate pixel type for reading your
DICOM images.

For example, trying to read 16 bits into an
image type of 8 bits...