[Insight-users] Non-rigid algorithms

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jun 7 16:40:06 EDT 2004

Hi Dalal,

ITK Provides multiple methods for performing deformable registration.

In particular:

1) BSpline Transform
2) Demons deformable registration
3) FEM-Based deformable registration

You will find these methods described in the SoftwareGuide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Chapter 8. pdf-page 241.

Source code examples on how to use all these methods is
available in the directory:

     Insight/Examples/Registration

You will also find descriptions in the Tutorial Sessions:

      http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular in

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/NonRigidRegistrationMethods.pdf

For a revision of the literature you will find
useful to look at the online book

      http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/d.hill/hhh

FYI: There is no such thing as "The Best Method", that sort of
expression is only good for nurturing researcher's egos and it
is usually void of substance.

You will have to rephrase the question as : "What methods could
provide acceptable results for application XX using image modality
XY with a time constraint XZ".

Please let us know if you have further questions,