[Insight-users] Monitoring elastic registration performed with itk::DemonsRegistrationFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:40:28 -0500

Hi Vince,

There is not an optimizer behind the Demons implementation.

The Demons algorithm was nicely implemented in ITK using a
framework for solving partial differencial equations (PDE)s.

The PDE solver is implemented at the level of the DenseFinite
DifferenceImageFilter.
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DenseFiniteDifferenceImageFilter.html

The parent class of this filter, the FiniteDifferenceImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1FiniteDifferenceImageFilter.html
invokes progress events.

Therefore, you can simply connect a Command/Observer to the
DemonsRegistrationFilter and listen for ProgressEvent()s as
you would do with any other ITK filter.

You will find a nice example on how to connect an observer
to the DemonsRegistrationFilter in the test.

Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms/
                   itkDemonsRegistrationFilterTest.cxx