[Insight-users] Vornoi Segmentation Image Filter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:12:08 -0500

Hi Hari,

Yes,
The Voronoi Segmentation filter is specific for 2D.
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VoronoiSegmentationImageFilter.html

"...Performs the segmentation of 2D images (single channel) by Voronoi
  Diagram. Used as a node of the segmentation toolkits. The homogeneity
  operator here is the testing of mean and standar deviation value. By
  setting the tolerance level, the "internal" region was defined as those
  that is closed to the gold-standard value in the sense that the
  difference is within the tolerance value"

---

Note that a refactored implementation of this filter
could be done for ND by taking advantage of the fact
that the DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter computes
a Voronoi map as an option.
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter.html

The Voronoi regions could then be defined just by a set
of points for which the variability of intensity levels is
larger than a certain threshold, these points will be passed
to the DanielssonDistance in order to update the Voronoi
partition.

Hey,
That could be a Paper for an Open Access Journal if
there were one around capable of accepting source code !   ;-)

    Luis