[Insight-users] about BSpline registration

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Fri Dec 24 03:23:17 EST 2004

 Hi,

 I use BSpline transform to non-rigid registe two 3D images.   Both are 256*256*46, unsigned char.

  Metric is MattesMI and Optimizer is LBFG. I set the parameter as below.

  optimizer->SetGradientConvergenceTolerance( 0.05 );
  optimizer->SetLineSearchAccuracy( 0.9 );
  optimizer->SetDefaultStepLength( 1.5 );
  optimizer->TraceOn();
  optimizer->SetMaximumNumberOfFunctionEvaluations( 1000 );

the output is :

F = -0.376733, GNORM = 0.00103313
   I   NFN    FUNC        GNORM       STEPLENGTH
   1    3        -0.388       0.001    4839.674
 THE MINIMIZATION TERMINATED WITHOUT DETECTING ERRORS.

the steplength is so large, so I do not know if the result is correct.