[Insight-users] Tumor Calculations

yasser salman yass71 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 15:54:13 EST 2004

Hi luis,

i'm using itkConnectedThresholdImageFilter then
counting the no of pixels using
itkRelabelComponentImageFilter it gives me a good 3D
segmentation result but not accurate when calculating
the volume coz as u know it's dependent on Seeds and
Threshold, i switch my work to use
itkConfidenceConnectedImageFilter but also depending
on iterations ,radius,...), i need to switch to any
Itk segmentation filter less dependent  on these
factors i'll give a try to Snakes(active contour) but
i need to know it also it's setting affect on counting
the pixels like
itkConnectedThresholdImageFilter,itkRelabelComponentImageFilter,..)
or it's less dependent and what is the suitable
settings of the Snake parameters
 (PropagationScaling,
NumberOfIterations,MaximumRMSError,...etc(
N.B: i'm using ISBR Data as u know .
Another questions plz. How can I start to segment the
tumor region using registration in order to calculate
the volume segmented region? I mean fixed and target
image in case of my data found or Must have one?
regard's
yasser.,