Fwd: [Insight-users] Analyze_Series2

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 13 12:20:13 EST 2004

Hi Yasser,

Thanks for clarifying the source of your images.

After downloading the data directly from the IBSR site
we checked the content of these images and found the
following:

1) They are *not* in Analyze fileformat.
    The files are just "RAW" images as it is indicated
    in the README file provided by the IBSR site.

    The fact that they are using a .img extension is
    certainly misleading...

2) The images are using pixel type:  signed short

3) The images have different spacing, the values
    are specified in the README file. Although they
    appear as "slice thickness", it seems to actually
    be the "slice spacing".

We have created MetaImage headers for all the volumes in
the group that you are working on.

Please find all these MetaImage headers in the attached
tgz file.

You *must* put each one of the .mhd files along with the
corresponding .img files. MetaImage expects to find the
RAW files in the *same* directory where the .mhd file is.

Please let us know if you find any further problem
reading the IBSR images with ITK.

      Thanks,

         Luis