[Insight-users] RE: Error: jointPDFSum == 0!

Li, George (NIH/NCI) ligeorge at mail.nih.gov
Wed Dec 8 10:08:15 EST 2004

Jim:

Thanks for the tip to print out the image. Here is the print
out content about the image and the exception. Maybe it will
give a clue to what has gone wrong. This time, the exception
seems thrown out a bit earlier in the GetValue() method. It
complains "Too many samples map outside moving image buffer"
at the end.

Argument[1]: ..\ITK_Data\PQ_HDR_VR-vr
Argument[2]: ..\ITK_Data\PQ_HDR_VR-vr

Now reading series:

2.16.840.1.113662.2.2534022882858481901029150326.1
Image (0166FE68)
  RTTI typeinfo:   class itk::Image<unsigned short,3>
  Reference Count: 1
  Modified Time: 2805
  Debug: Off
  Observers:
    none
  Source: (0166DA80)
  Source output index: 0
  Release Data: Off
  Data Released: False
  Global Release Data: Off
  PipelineMTime: 1447
  UpdateMTime: 2806
  LargestPossibleRegion:
    Dimension: 3
    Index: [0, 0, 0]
    Size: [512, 512, 43]
  BufferedRegion:
    Dimension: 3
    Index: [0, 0, 0]
    Size: [512, 512, 43]
  RequestedRegion:
    Dimension: 3
    Index: [0, 0, 0]
    Size: [512, 512, 43]
  Spacing: [0.742188, 0.742188, 10]
  Origin: [0, 0, -1264.5]
  PixelContainer:
    ImportImageContainer (0166FF80)
      RTTI typeinfo:   class itk::ImportImageContainer<unsigned long,
unsigned short>
      Reference Count: 1
      Modified Time: 1515
      Debug: Off
      Observers:
        none
      Pointer: 0166FFB0
      Container manages memory: true
      Size: 11272192
      Capacity: 11272192

ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0104FBE4)
Location: "Unknown"
File: C:\Programming\ITK_1.8.0\InsightToolkit-1.8.0\Code\Algorithms\
itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.txx
Line: 623
MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric(01667B50):
Too many samples map outside moving image buffer: 0 / 10000

I checked the origin with another image series, it has all
zero value but with the same exception, so the negative z0
should not be the cause.

Any idea about "Too many samples map outside moving image
Buffer"?

Thanks,

George