[Insight-users] look for classes to extract skeleton or center line

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 6 14:35:02 EST 2004

Hi Dioxianfen,

You may want to look at the BinaryThinningImageFilter

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryThinningImageFilter.html

and the BinaryPrunningImageFilter

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryPrunningImageFilter.html

--

You may also want to look at the application

        http://www.itk.org/HTML/Curve2DExtraction.htm

The code of this application is available at

       InsightApplications/
                Curves2DExtractor

although this application is intended for 2D, the same methodology
can be generalized to 3D.