[Insight-users] Image Registration 1 Example

Alessi Hammilton alessihammilton at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 11:04:45 EST 2004

Hello all,

I have just begun using the ITK motion registration methods. I am examining
the ImageRegistration1 example from ITK v1.8. It worked just fine straight
from the download.

I would like to understand how this example is accomplishing registration. I
have attempted to step through the registration example function call by
function call but the large hierarchy of classes is a bit overwhelming for
me at this point.

Given two simple 1D arrays representing the fixed image pixels, and the
moving image pixels, can anyone describe what calculations are being done
per pixel to reach registration?

Thanks you,
Alessi