[Insight-users] From BeeJay..doubt in FLTK

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:32:59 -0500

Hi BeeJay,

Using CMake is optional.

You could certainly manage to setup a
project without CMake. It simply will
take you longer, it will be a pain to
maintain and it will be a pain to move
it to another machine.

In summary:

A) Using CMake     = Easy and happy life
B) Not using CMake = Undescriptible suffering

If you go with option (B), don't call us.
One of the reasons for developing CMake was
to not have to answer those questions   :-)

---

I suggest you to not struggle any longer
with this hello world app and move to a
more realistic situation by following the
content of the tutorial.

Look at it this way:  What are you going
to do once this helloworld app works ?

Wouldn't you simply have to move to the
more realistic situation of writing the
GUI with fluid anyways... ?