[Insight-users] Re: Confirmation on the output

Jisung Kim bahrahm at yahoo . com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:49:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi cspl,

If you want to build every examples included in ITK
and are using Windows, please check my step-by-step
instruction for ITK installation on Windows <
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu/publications/Tutorials/Summer-02/itk_windows_installation.pdf

Unfortunately, if you want to use FLTK 1.1 with
CMakeSetup, you need to download CMake source code and
build it by yourself. However, to just build ITK
examples, you don't need FLTK 1.1. FLTK 1.0.11 will
do.

Thanks.

Jisung Kim.

--- Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez@kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi cspl,
>

> The errors that you got are related with files
> generated by FLTK.
>
> "fluid" is an interactive utility from FLTK that
> allow you to
> create GUI's and generate C++ for them.
>
> Downloading a binary version of fluid.exe is not
> enough.
>
> You will have to fully install FLTK.
>
> This is not too hard. Just download the sources
> from:
>
>        http://www.fltk.org
>
> They will build without trouble in Windows and Unix.
>
> You can select either FLTK 1.1 or 1.0.11.
>
> Once you compile and install FLTK, you can run CMake
> and
> enable "USE_FLTK", Then Select
>
>    "USE_FLTK_VERSION_1.0.11"  or
> "USE_FLTK_VERSION_1.1"
>
> Then make sure that you provide CMake with the paths
> for
>
> - fluid.exe
> - the header files
> - the libraries
>
> Please let us know if you encounter any problems
>

> Thanks
>

>     Luis

> cspl wrote:
>
> > Dear Mr.Luis,
> >     I was experimenting the example you asked to
> me to work on..
> >
> >            I got problem while building
> GaussianFilter2D example. I am
> > writing herewith the steps I followed.
> Please,suggest me             steps
> > to solve the problem
> >
> >     1.When I tried to compile the example it gave
> compiler error
> >     'unable to open fltkIma2DviewrGUI.h and
> lifilterconsole2DGUI.h'.
> >
> >     2.To make these files from
> fltkIma2DviewrGUI.FL and
> > lifilterconsole2DGUI.FL,  I have downloaded
> FLUID.exe((updated:
> > Jun-23-2001).
> >
> > 3.Using the command 'fluid.exe -c filename.FL' i
> got required .h and  .cxx
> > files from fltkIma2DviewrGUI.FL and
> lifilterconsole2DGUI.FL.
> >
> > 4.While building  ITK.dsw for libs, encountered a
> problem, but
> > fltkimageviewer.lib was genereated but several
> linking errorshave occured.
> >
> > problem was while linking
> Imageregistration,Imageregistration2D examples .As
> > I have got the fltkimageviewer.lib ,I used it with
> out solving the linking
> > errors.
> >
> > Actually,I don't know how to solve it.
> >
> > 5.After this when I tried to build the
> Gaussianfilter2D  example it is
> > giving linking  error as given below.
> >
> > Linking...
> > GaussianFilter2D.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved
> external symbol "public:
> > __thiscall
> liFilterConsole2D::liFilterConsole2D(void)"
> > (??0liFilterConsole2D@@QAE@XZ)
> > Debug/fltkGaussian.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1
> unresolved externals
> > Error executing link.exe.
> >
> > fltkGaussian.exe - 2 error(s), 47 warning(s)

> [...]
WIN32,_DEBUG,_WINDOWS,WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN,VC_EXTRA_LEAN,WIN32_EXTRA_LEAN

> > Project Options:
> >
> > /nologo /MDd /GX /I "." /I ".." /D "WIN32" /D
> "_DEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D
> > "WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN" /D "VC_EXTRA_LEAN" /D
> "WIN32_EXTRA_LEAN"
> > /Fp"shape_/shape.pch" /YX /Fo"shape_/"
> /Fd"shape_/" /FD /Zm200/Od /c
> >
> > object/library modules:
> >
> > opengl32.lib fltkd.lib wsock32.lib comctl32.lib
> kernel32.lib user32.lib
> > gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib
> shell32.lib ole32.lib
> > oleaut32.lib uuid.lib MetaImageIO.lib
> fltkimageviewer.lib Iview.lib
> >
> > Please suggest me the course of action.