[ITK-dev] Proper ThirdParty (GDCM specifically) update procedure?

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Mon Sep 25 16:32:53 EDT 2017

Hi Sean,

Thanks for helping to update these third party libraries.

> I'm going to try to update ITK's GDCM... are there docs for this procedure?

Essentially, run the UpdateFromUpstream.sh script, but we should add
some instructions in comments at the top of that file to address your
questions.

> I know about the ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/GDCM/UpdateFromUpstream.sh script, but I'm wondering things like:
>  - do I run it on the master branch, or should I first create a branch of my own?

Yes, a local branch can be created first, like GDCMUpdate.

>  - running the script creates a branch called 'upstream-gdcm'. After the script runs, there are conflicts.  After I just resolve them manually, which branch do I commit to?

After the merge conflicts are resolved, run

  git add file/with/conflict
  git commit
  git gerrit-push

Thanks,