[ITK-dev] Proper ThirdParty (GDCM specifically) update procedure?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Sep 25 13:40:21 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm going to try to update ITK's GDCM... are there docs for this procedure?

I know about the ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/GDCM/UpdateFromUpstream.sh script, but I'm wondering things like:
 - do I run it on the master branch, or should I first create a branch of my own?
 - running the script creates a branch called 'upstream-gdcm'. After the script runs, there are conflicts.  After I just resolve them manually, which branch do I commit to?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com