[ITK-dev] Name mangling for niftilib (Modules/ThirdParty/NIFTI)?

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 15 06:06:14 EDT 2017

Our project links to both ITK and the NiftyReg library (*), and thereby
indirectly to two different versions of the niftilib library that have
the same binary interface. To avoid potential link errors and unexpected
run-time behavior, could there be name mangling added to ITK's niftilib
version, at Modules/ThirdParty/NIFTI/src/nifty/niftilib?

We would suggest an approach according to the existing ITK third party
name mangling practice, e.g., by "itk_png_mangle.h", and
"itk_zlib_mangle.h".

We already have a patch for ITK within our project, SuperElastix, at
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SuperElastix/SuperElastix/c94d65bef1b0fe368b194bbf4de8ccd505a873b0/SuperBuild/Patches/itk_nifti_mangle.patch

Kind regards, also on behalf of Floris Berendsen,

   Niels

(*) The NiftyReg library is from
https://cmiclab.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mmodat/niftyreg

--