[ITK-dev] Clang scripting to make code changes

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Sep 9 13:18:50 EDT 2016

Hans,

If I recall correctly you have used a clang based tool to make context based changes on ITK code before.

To addresses some dynamic_cast failures which can occur with Xcode based tools, we are considering the patch to change dynamic_cast to Object::SafeDownCast[1]. One issue is finding a good way to to update dynamic_casts.

With the clang based tool can we change “dynamic_cast<TObject>(arg)” to “TObject::SafeDownCast(arg)” only if TObject has itk::LightObject as some ancestor class?

Thanks,
Brad

[1] http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/21499/