[ITK-dev] c:\.git\hooks

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jul 22 09:14:25 EDT 2016

On 07/22/2016 09:00 AM, Dženan Zukić wrote:
> occasionally, a folder "C:\.git\hooks" appears on my computer.
[snip]
> but support people think that git hooks in some of my projects
> (almost all instances of ITK, VTK and Slicer builds) are causing
> this behavior. Did anyone else encounter this or something similar?

Dig through our Utilities/SetupForDevelopment.sh scripts (or equivalent
in each project) and the scripts it invokes.  See if running any of
them causes this to happen.  Otherwise check whether running CMake on
each project causes it in case there is any attempt to install hooks
that way.

You'll likely have to diligently check for the folder after each step
of working with each project until you figure out which one causes it.

-Brad