[ITK-dev] Possible to build ITK libs without version number in filename?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Feb 5 15:12:10 EST 2016

Hi all,

Is it possible to build ITK such that the resulting library names do not have version numbers in them?  ie instead of "libITKCommon-4.9.a" could it be just "libITKCommon.a"?

VTK has a build option VTK_CUSTOM_LIBRARY_SUFFIX that you can set to an empty string to get this.  Does ITK have something analogous?

(The version numbers are annoying for me because my Xcode projects reference the ITK libs by filename, and every time the version is bumped it's a pain to switch back and forth.)

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com