[ITK-dev] Please Set ExternalData_OBJECT_STORES environment variable

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jun 8 09:44:02 EDT 2015

Sean and other dashboard maintainers,

Please set the ExternalData_OBJECT_STORES environment variable to some place outside the build directory this will improve the robustness on the dashboard.

This variable sets a local cache for the ExternalData. By caching it outside the build directory it will not need to download the data every night. Therefore any hick-ups on the midas servers or local network will not show up on the dashboard.

I have mine set to ${HOME}/.ExternalData in my .bashrc file.

Thanks,
Brad