[Insight-developers] Timeout in ITK Dahboard build - itkBSplineImageRegistrationTest

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jan 21 09:20:57 EST 2014

David,

Regarding the Fast Marching, there is a very large difference in time between the Debug and the Release mode for that algorithm. Specifically, this algorithms utilizes some non-ideal STL iterator usage across thread. Combined with the STL debug library on Visual Studio with verification and other checks, it makes them not really practical in debug mode.

Additionally, dashboard contributors can add:

set(CTEST_TEST_ARGS ${CTEST_TEST_ARGS} EXCLUDE_LABEL RUNS_LONG)

to not run these long tests mentioned here.

I think there is some value in some example/application oriented tests that are longer, but your average regression test should be very snappy.

Brad