[Insight-developers] Timeout in ITK Dahboard build - itkBSplineImageRegistrationTest

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jan 17 11:57:24 EST 2014

Sean,

You also have the following environment variable set:

#Special stress testing env vars for only during tests.
macro(dashboard_hook_test)
	set(ENV{NSZombieEnabled} "YES")
	set(ENV{MallocLogFile} "/dev/null")
	set(ENV{MallocCheckHeapAbort} "1")
	set(ENV{MallocErrorAbort} "1")
	set(ENV{MallocScribble} "1")
	set(ENV{MallocGuardEdges} "1")
	set(ENV{MallocCheckHeapStart} "1")
	set(ENV{MallocCheckHeapEach} "1000000")
endmacro()

On Jan 17, 2014, at 11:41 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:

> I've increased it to 800 seconds.
>
> (The machine is currently idle, and I've just run the test, it passes in 520 seconds.  All my dashboards run tests in parallel, which obviously slows things down vs being idle.  It would be nice if CMake/ITK had a way to identify demanding tests that should be run serially.)

Did you set the above environment variables?

These can be some expensive operations. I am guessing that the BSpline registration make heavy use of dynamic memory allocation.

Brad