[Insight-developers] CDash at Home Windows builds

Brian Helba brian.helba at kitware.com
Tue Feb 18 21:02:34 EST 2014

Hello again all,

The Windows CDash at Home client is online again and has now fully caught up
with its backlog of queued experimental builds.

The 8 tests that were failing today [1] on that machine should also be
fixed now. The problem was due to 2 corrupt Baseline files which didn't
match their correct MD5, likely caused by an unfortunately timed reboot.
The issue has been corrected for future builds.

Changes to the logging configuration on that machine have also revealed a
bug in itkSampleToHistogramFilterTest2 and itkSampleToHistogramFilterTest6,
where these tests were not properly failing. Indeed, these tests should
have been failing more regularly, as the tested class,
SampleToHistogramFilter, has a troublesome bug whereby some optimized
builds of MSVC are producing incorrect behavior inside a loop [2]. I've
reproduced the failure, albeit with some difficulty, as attaching any sort
of debugging to the inner loop changes its behavior and prevents the
failure [3]. I'm still actively working on the issue. In the meantime, I've
reduced the level of build logging so that the 2 tests in question no
longer timeout.

I'll continue to monitor future builds closely, if any new issues pop up.

[1] http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?buildid=3224829
[2]
http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=blob;f=Modules/Numerics/Statistics/include/itkSampleToHistogramFilter.hxx;h=7c9f72fa2ecc35bfea8c49dfb120e1a1f5380e5e;hb=HEAD#l222
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisenbug