[ITK-dev] VtkGlue module -- strange configuration.

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Mon Aug 11 12:49:31 EDT 2014

I’ve been messing with making the VtkGlue module use a more specific signature for find_package(VTK)*

In ITK/Modules/Bridge/VtkGlue/itk-module-init.cmake there’s this:

set(VERSION_MIN "5.9.20110419")

… which as far as I can tell is nonsense; I checked out the VTK version from April 19th 2011, and the VTK version is set to be 5.9.0

I don’t think the VTK_BUILD_VERSION would ever be set to a specific date stamp.

What is required — in order to use find_package(VTK COMPONENTS …) -- would be the first revision after VTK Modularization was working.  And in fact, given how VTK sets its version numbers — hard coded in the top level CMakeLists.txt — I don’t even know how that would work.

Any ideas?

*This is an outgrowth of the work I’m doing on tailoring BRAINSTools’ dependency processing in CMake for Slicer inclusion.  Specifically, rather than use find_package(ITK REQUIRED) use find_package(ITK COMPONENTS … REQUIRED) — this only adds the include paths (to compiles) and libraries (to link commangs) actually used by the specific programs.  There’s no find_package(ITK) at the top level of the build tree; there’s a specific find_package in each subdirectory that only requests the COMPONENTS actually referenced.