[Insight-developers] Problems creating a patch for the release branch

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Thu Mar 28 12:40:27 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/2011 12:46 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>
>> Maybe that should be added somewhere on the wiki (unless it is already
>> there).
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Matt McCormick <
>> matt.mccormick at kitware.com <mailto:matt.mccormick@**kitware.com<matt.mccormick at kitware.com>>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Note that when pushing to gerrit, you will want to use
>>
>>     git push gerrit HEAD:refs/for/release/**aTopicName
>>
>>     Instead of
>>
>>     git gerrit-push
>>

> That's allowed but not necessary.  Using "git gerrit-push" is fine.
>
> >>* * I think it is better to use "git push gerrit
HEAD:refs/for/release/aTopicName"  so that it will be consistently shown on
gerrit  with the correct branch name. Otherwise, the gerrit page will show
the branch name being "master" by default.   However, if you forget to type
the longer line  (because we are spoiled by the convenient  git alias),
 the git branching history remains to be correct when you download the
patch from gerrit.
       I have updated the wiki page: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop
(in "Share a topic" session).

> -Brad

> http://www.kitware.com/**opensource/opensource.html<http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html>

> http://kitware.com/products/**protraining.html<http://kitware.com/products/protraining.html>

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_**FAQ <http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ>

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124