[Insight-developers] Any plan for a GSoC 2013 within ITK ? (was: Regarding using OpenCL for ITK functions.)

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Tue Mar 26 13:19:15 EDT 2013

Hi Folks,

Few days ago, VTK folks presented the plan to mentor few projects through
the Google Summer of Code 2013 initiative.

Out of curiosity, this year is there similar plan for ITK ?

For references:
  http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtk-developers/2013-March/013470.html
  http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/GSoC_2013

Thanks
Jc

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Chan sik Kim <chansikk at andrew.cmu.edu>wrote:

> Dear ITK developers,
>
> I am a students from Carnegie Mellon Univ who is currently taking Dr.
> Galeotti's Methods in Medical Image Analysis class. I am interested in
> implementing ITK functions using OpenCL for a class project. I do not
> have a background in OpenCL, but I have a experience in GPU computing
> with CUDA. Can you advise me how to get started with this project, or can
> you suggest me functions or filters that the initial code porting wouldn't
> take longer than a week? I also worried about starting a project with a
> filter or function that is currently in progress.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Chan

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ