[Insight-developers] itkSetMacro with STL types

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Sep 28 12:45:06 EDT 2012

Hello Luis,

You did not include what the the previous conversation was really about or a link to to. I will assume that it's about the requirement for the Set/Get Macro to have the operator<<. I see two choices.

1) Manually implement the method or create your own macro for this case.
2) In a restricted namespace overload the operator yourself as a non-member function. I did a similar thing here:

https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/blob/master/Code/Common/include/sitkTemplateFunctions.h#L47

Hope that help,
Brad