[Insight-developers] WrapITK lazy loading

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Sep 18 10:50:35 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am using WrapITK and the loading is taking quite a while. The import it self goes very quickly. But when the first class is used all the ITK modules seem to get imported not just the one that is needed. This loading is taking a really long time on our cluster due to a slow network file system today.

I for some reason was hoping that the lazy loading would only be loading the modules that I actually needed not ALL of the many modules that ITK has.   Is the current behavior what is suppose to be happening?

Thanks,
Brad