No subject

Wed May 9 12:08:04 EDT 2012

(git submodule or ExternalProject), if would be great if we could configure
ITKv4 passing our own version of DCMTK by specifying DCMTK_DIR.

Within CTK, since end of April, a more recent version of DCMTK is used
(Snapshot 2012-02-22). See [1] And looking at the associated DCMTK change
log, some CLang issues have been fixed. [2]

Thanks
Jc

[1] https://github.com/commontk/CTK/commit/70c0a8d
[2]
http://git.dcmtk.org/web?p=dcmtk.git;a=blob;f=CHANGES.361;h=d281e817cbd647479dacb5e972f2d76d75602c25;hb=ae3b946f6e6231

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Williams, Norman K <
norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu> wrote:

> Hans has asked me to work on finishing Alexandre Gouaillard's work on the
> DCMTK ImageIO.
>
> Today I've been trying to move his work from his own github repository
> into a gerrit topic on the current branch.  There are a number of issues
> that this raises.
>
> 1. Hans suggested using a CMake ExternalProject to build DCMTK instead of
> what Alex did, which is to introduce the DCMTK included in the CTK project
> as a git module.  For one thing, that version of DCMTK won't compile with
> Clang.
>
> I don't see a clean way to grab and build DCMTK within the current ITK
> framework at all.  What's done everywhere else is that there's a
> SuperBuild or MetaBuild, which builds all of a project's prerequisites as
> ExternalProjects, and then builds the project itself as an
> ExternalProject, configuring it with ITK_DIR, VTK_DIR etc so that it finds
> the prerequisites.
>
> Could that be something that will be part of the ITK build process? Or are
> we going to incorporate some sort of snapshot of DCMTK in
> Modules/ThirdParty?
>
> 2. DCMTK can read a DICOM directory directly, meaning that it wouldn't be
> necessary to use an ImageSeriesReader to read dicom datasets.  Should I
> stick with creating a DCMTKSeriesFileNames?
>
> That feels rather clumsy, but it raises the issue of trying to choose
> which image in a multi-series DicomDirectory to load.
>
> --
> Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
>

> ________________________________
> Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by
> the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
> confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
> distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
>  Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error,
> then delete it.  Thank you.
> ________________________________

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

+1 919 869 8849

--047d7b2ee6451a2f9e04c0e37f94

of the method used to retrieve DCMTK (git submodule or ExternalProject), if=
 would be great if we could configure ITKv4 passing our own version of DCMT=
K by specifying DCMTK_DIR.</div>

f DCMTK is used (Snapshot 2012-02-22). See [1] And looking at the associate=

tps://github.com/commontk/CTK/commit/70c0a8d">https://github.com/commontk/C=
=3Ddcmtk.git;a=3Dblob;f=3DCHANGES.361;h=3Dd281e817cbd647479dacb5e972f2d76d7=
5602c25;hb=3Dae3b946f6e6231">http://git.dcmtk.org/web?p=3Ddcmtk.git;a=3Dblo=
b;f=3DCHANGES.361;h=3Dd281e817cbd647479dacb5e972f2d76d75602c25;hb=3Dae3b946=
f6e6231</a></div>

ms, Norman K <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:norman-k-williams at uiow=
a.edu" target=3D"_blank">norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<=
br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Hans has asked me to work on finishing Alexandre Gouaillard&#39;s work on t=
he<br>
DCMTK ImageIO.<br>
Today I&#39;ve been trying to move his work from his own github repository<=
br>
into a gerrit topic on the current branch. =A0There are a number of issues<=
br>
that this raises.<br>
1. Hans suggested using a CMake ExternalProject to build DCMTK instead of<b=
r>
what Alex did, which is to introduce the DCMTK included in the CTK project<=
br>
as a git module. =A0For one thing, that version of DCMTK won&#39;t compile =
with<br>
Clang.<br>
I don&#39;t see a clean way to grab and build DCMTK within the current ITK<=
br>
framework at all. =A0What&#39;s done everywhere else is that there&#39;s a<=
br>
SuperBuild or MetaBuild, which builds all of a project&#39;s prerequisites =
as<br>
ExternalProjects, and then builds the project itself as an<br>
ExternalProject, configuring it with ITK_DIR, VTK_DIR etc so that it finds<=
br>
the prerequisites.<br>
Could that be something that will be part of the ITK build process? Or are<=
br>
we going to incorporate some sort of snapshot of DCMTK in<br>
Modules/ThirdParty?<br>
2. DCMTK can read a DICOM directory directly, meaning that it wouldn&#39;t =
be<br>
necessary to use an ImageSeriesReader to read dicom datasets. =A0Should I<b=
r>
stick with creating a DCMTKSeriesFileNames?<br>
That feels rather clumsy, but it raises the issue of trying to choose<br>
which image in a multi-series DicomDirectory to load.<br>
--<br>
Kent Williams <a href=3D"mailto:norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu">norman-k-willi=
ams at uiowa.edu</a><br>
Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by th=
e Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidenti=
al and may be legally privileged. =A0If you are not the intended recipient,=
 you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, o=
r copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. =A0Please reply to =
the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it. =A0=
Thank you.<br>