[Insight-developers] ITK-Modularization Install issue -- library names of imported libs?

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 30 14:12:07 EDT 2012

This is kind of wacky, and once again I am being thwarted by doing
something never done before:

I have the DCMTK install working almost 100%.  The not-working part: If
you build in ITK, the DCMTK libraries are added with ADD_LIBRARY(libname
STATIC imported).
Within an ITK build -- i.e. when the test program for ITKDCMTKImageIO is
built -- CMake is smart enough to replace the import library name (e.g.
ITKDCMTK_data) with the actual path of the library.

But when the *.cmake files are created for an ITK install, they don't
distinguish between an imported library target and a local library target.
 ITK_LIBRARIES contains the library's import name (e.g. ITKDCMTK_data)
instead of the actual library name (e.g. libdcmdata.a).

I'm sure what this comes down to is changing how the ITK CMake files are
configured. The IMPORTED_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES property needs to be
checked.  But I don't know where exactly to do this.

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu