[Insight-developers] Third Party Module Install questions.

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Fri Jul 27 11:21:55 EDT 2012

I've asked this before and not really gotten any answers.

I've made progress on DCMTK as a ThirdParty module, which gets built in an
ExternalProject.

Now I need to get it properly deployed, but I don't really understand how
things get installed.  I already have the DCMTK ExternalProject create the
DCMTK libraries in ${ITK_BINARY_DIR}/lib, do I need to do something to
make sure they get included in an install?

Since unlike other modules, the build takes place outside the main CMake
build, I have to do something different to get headers installed.  If I
look at GDCM for example, the GDCM headers get installed by globbing for
header names down in the gdcm/Source/<libname> directory.

Since the DCMTK source directory doesn't exist at ITK Configure time, I
can't very glob to find them at ITK configuration time.  I can write a
CMake script to find them after the ExternalProject build and copy them
around, but I don't know how to tell CMake that they need to be part of
the installation.  This is crucial in order for CPack to know what to
include in the Tar/Bundle/RPM.

Any suggestions?
Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu