[Insight-developers] itk v4 performance questions

Rupert Brooks rupert.brooks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 09:19:24 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've been porting some code from itk 3.20 to itk v4.  While i can achieve
numerically identical results with a little work, I'm noticing a 10-30%
performance decrease overall.  At this point it seems kind of generalized,
i have trouble tracking it down to a specific routine or module which makes
me think it may be buried in low level code.

It does not seem to be the GetInput issue raised earlier on the list.

This is on Visual Studio 2005, XP, 32 bit.  I do not know if it is
generalized - indeed, it could easily be the case that modern C++ which
compiles better on gcc and clang is confusing this old compiler.

Are there already any ITK performance benchmarks?

Rupert
Rupert Brooks
rupert.brooks at gmail.com