[Insight-developers] Building ITK with Module_ITKVtkGlue forces client applications to find_package(VTK)?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:04:58 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Either
>
> 1) Rebuild your ITK with that module included.
> or
> 2) As described on each example page:
> If you download the entire ITK Wiki Examples Collection, the ItkVtkGlue
> directory will be included and configured. If you wish to just build a few
> examples, then you will need to download ItkVtkGlue<http://gitorious.org/itkwikiexamples/itkwikiexamples/blobs/raw/master/ItkVtkGlue.tar.gz>and build it. When you run cmake it will ask you to specify the location of
> the ItkVtkGlue binary directory.

That was not the question. The question is that if ITK has been built WITH
ITKVtkGlue, it is not possible (linker errors) to work on a project that
does NOT use find_package(VTK). I can't add find_package(VTK) to my
ITK-only project CMakeLists.txt files because then users will be forced to
comment these lines when they try to build my code, which doesn't make
sense at all, and will surely lead to much confusion.

David