[Insight-developers] GPU code ready for Gerrit

Kris Zygmunt krismz at sci.utah.edu
Mon Feb 6 17:05:13 EST 2012

On Feb 2, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Xiaoxiao Liu wrote:

> Hi Kris,
> Thanks for the details.
> I think it makes sense to have the GPU modules in different groups
> according to their functionality. The only thing I am concerned is
> that we lose the convenience of having a Group switch for GPU
> modules. But I guess we can use ITK_USE_GPU  to do something similar.
>
> What I did earlier with  5 video modules is that I checked in the
> least dependent module(VideoCore) for review first and gradually
> checked the rest of modules in bundles according to the module
> dependencies. I wouldn't trying to put all modules to review at
> once. If you check in a giant patch, it might take longer to review
> than the patch by patch way. Anyway, just my two cents.

I have created the first patch for the GPUCommon module and submitted
it to gerrit with topic name GPUCommon http://review.source.kitware.com/#/
c/4190/ .  Other than some changes to cmake files and itkMacro.h to
help with building the GPU code, this patch consists of first moving
the files in Modules/GPU/Common to Modules/Core/GPUCommon and then
modifying some of those files.  The annoying thing is that git seems
to have interpreted these two actions to mean delete the Modules/GPU/
Common files and create new files in Modules/Core/GPUCommon even
though I used git mv for the first step.  Thus the diffs provided are
unhelpful.  Is there any way I can do these steps in a single commit
and have git track the diffs accordingly?

> I could help you to set up a couple of dashboard testing machines.
> At least you could submit experimental builds from your machine to
> make sure reviewers could verify the patches.
>
> -Xiaoxiao

What do I need to do to submit the experimental builds?  Who should I
recruit to help review this GPU code?  So far, I think Jim Miller,
Luis Ibanez and Xiaoxiao are on that list, who else?

-Kris