[Insight-developers] Problems creating a patch for the release branch

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:28:30 EDT 2011

I am trying to create a patch for the release branch. I cannot find a wiki
page describing the process, but here is what I have tried:

git checkout master
git pull
git checkout -B MyTopic
git rebase release

I get:
First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
Applying: ENH: Moved minor version number to 21 to start a new development
cycle.
Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
Auto-merging CMakeLists.txt
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in CMakeLists.txt
Failed to merge in the changes.
Patch failed at 0001 ENH: Moved minor version number to 21 to start a new
development cycle.

When you have resolved this problem run "git rebase --continue".
If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git rebase --skip".
To restore the original branch and stop rebasing run "git rebase --abort".

I have not yet changed anything in the new branch. How can I have a
conflict?

Bill