[Insight-developers] Possible change in gerrit behavior

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Oct 10 15:25:25 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I rebase, gerrit-push, gerrit-merge it works.

Maybe I wasn't clear. Easiest case is no rebase, as the SHAs match and
Gerrit should be done. If you do rebase, so long as the Change-Id
lines match (and the one you pointed out appears to) then it should
also be marked as merged. This is where it appears there may be a bug,
and why I was asking for more information so that I might be able to
reproduce the error.

> I can live with that although it generates an extra set of robot
> builds. And topics can linger uless there is a push before a merge.

I would rather you didn't rebase, but if you have to it should still work.

> I would have though gerrit would detect a merge if the change-id was
> the same. Maybe it never did.

It did, and it should. Sorry for any confusion if I wasn't clear. I
will dig into this a little, but in my tests I don't see this
happening (I can rebase/change a commit, merge it direct and still get
the commit marked as merged).

Marcus