[Insight-developers] Possible change in gerrit behavior

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Oct 10 09:47:27 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gerrit gurus,
>
> I believe I have done this in the past:
>
> 1) git checkout -b MyTopic
> 2) git gerrit-push
> 3) git checkout master
> 4) git pull
> 5) get checkout MyTopic
> 6) git gerrit-merge
>
> The topic is merged successfully, but gerrit never changes the topic to merged.

It looks like the topic was rebased, which should really only be done
if there is a conflict. The merged commit has SHA-1 starting 75a4abd
whereas the one Gerrit knows about is 7d9593e. Other than that, the
Change-Id appears to be there in the correct place.

This should function as expected.

> This has happened to me twice:
>
> For example, this gerrit topic
> http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,3078 was merged here
> http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commit;h=0cbfb835f64daf3ae8db70a072bba5c88015cb43
> but was never nerged on gerrit.
>
> Has something changed?

No, I will dig into this. Did you rebase in both instances? The more
you can give me to reproduce the issue the better, I will actually be
out in Mountain View, CA at the end of the month and will be meeting
with Shawn (Gerrit developer) and other Git/Gerrit developers. This is
the kind of thing we could obviously dig into there a little.

Marcus