[Insight-developers] Trouble merging gerrit topic

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 7 16:52:41 EDT 2011

On 10/7/2011 4:45 PM, M Stauffer (V) wrote:
> Great, thanks Brad it worked now.
>
> But I was working off of that branch/patch, and I thought someone else
> could do the merge other than the patch's originator. Seems it's some
> other issue?

Nothing in our standard workflow involves pushing to the topic stage
prior to the final merge.  If your team pushed the topic to the stage
repository but did not merge and then rewrote it then you need to
force-push it to get it on the stage again:

   git push stage +HEAD

After that gerrit-merge should work.

-Brad