[Insight-developers] Testing/Data removal

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 5 10:21:31 EDT 2011

Hi Folks,

Today we will merge my branch to remove the Testing/Data submodule.
I've frozen the repository to avoid new conflicting changes while I
perform the final merge of changes from master into my branch to
resolve the remaining conflicts.

After the merge is done we changes based on old versions that still
have the Testing/Data submodule will no longer trigger CDash at Home
builds when submitted to Gerrit.  Instead a note will be added to
the Gerrit review page with instructions to rebase the change on a
new version of master that does not have the submodule.

Meanwhile everyone will have to do the following after I announce
the merge completion to get your local work tree past this change:

   git checkout master
   rm -rf Testing/Data
   mkdir Testing/Data
   git pull

Those running dashboard builds will need to do just

   rm -rf Testing/Data
   mkdir Testing/Data

in the dashboard work trees.

-Brad