[Insight-developers] Reducing CTest Output

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 17:13:24 EDT 2011

Dave,

This is great.

Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control

The discussion on the list has been valuable (Define);

I hope you were able to get some timing tests to establish a baseline
(Measure). We will want to compare once I complete my improvement
step.

I've started to Analyze the results.

As I mentioned before, just by fixing errors in 3 tests I reduced the
output by about 1.5 million characters, a 7% reduction (Improve).

I expect I can do much better.

I'll summarize the results on a wiki page once I finish the analysis.

Bill