[Insight-developers] Kitware Robots still appear to be dead

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Oct 3 10:55:26 EDT 2011

On 10/1/2011 11:55 AM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Is there a way to profile CTest? Are we certain that the delays we see
> are due to test output length? Do we even know if the test output
> length makes any difference at all?

Well, it certainly makes a big difference in DB size and bandwidth usage
from the clients.  Is this stuff really looked at?   Remember, HALF of
the ITK tests are sending more output than ALL the other projects hosted
on the CDash server.  What is the use case for seeing all of the output
for a passing test?  Can we be more strategic?  Put the information that
you really need at the top 1 or 2K of output?

We will do some more examination of the issue, but either way I would
like to keep the data size as small as possible.

-Bill