[Insight-developers] Bad tests producing too much output

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 15:35:47 EDT 2011

Dave,

I started to look at some of the test output outliers.

For example, itkSampleToHistogramFilterTest4 has error that produces
lots of output even though it says it passes (and it is actually
failing). It is obvious to me that the test maker never checked the
output.

I will be making a gerrit patch for this and other obvious violators.
A few bad apples may be spoiling the barrel.

It also brings back fond memories I had with the GE 6-sigma process.
Recall that our GE Research group 6-sigma training led to the first
VTK dashboards.

6-sigma promotes a process called DMAIC:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Sigma#DMAIC

Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control

We have defined the problem, CDash is slow processing ITK dashboards.
We are starting to Measure the current state of the defect.

Bill