[Insight-developers] NumericTraits need Doxgen

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Mar 30 16:36:16 EDT 2011

Arnaund,

I see a recent commit which exclude all NumericTraits from the Doxgen.

Now that we have partial specialization for the numeric traits there is quite a reasonable number of them. Given how useful they are and how most people should use them more frequently it would be quite a shame for them not to be documented with doxygen. It would be bad for them to remain a hidden feature to some users.

If that is not acceptable at least we should have the templated version documented, and the specializations excluded. You can use the Doxgen "\cond" and "\endcond" with a pseudo define, which is not really defined. I did it here in SimpleITK:

https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/blob/master/Code/Common/sitkEnableIf.h

where SPECIALIZATION_IMPLEMENTATION is not defined for documentation.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine