[Insight-developers] Modular ITK Documentation

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Wed Mar 30 00:30:48 EDT 2011

We have this wiki page to fill in:
    http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Modularization<http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Modularization>
(I just cleaned up this page and added the items on your proposed list.)

We are still working on finishing our TO-DO list before documenting.
Will start to work on the wiki page ASAP.
In the mean time please feel free to contribute to this page.

Thanks.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Folks,
>
> The Modular ITK transition has progressed nicely. Although there is some
> tweaking, I suspect that the overall structure and mechanisms will remain
> fairly stable.
>
> What we are missing is documentation. A series of wiki pages would be
> helpful. Right now if you search the wiki for modular itk one gets a lot of
> background information but nothing useful for app development or itk
> development.
>
> What are the plans for documenting modular ITK?
>
> Should the community start this or will the ITK Modular team provide the
> initial pages.
>
> I would like to see:
> Introduction and Motivation
> Information for users
>   Obtaining ITK
>   Configuring ITK
>   Building ITK
>   Using ITK in an application
>   Adding user classes
> Information for developers
>   Adding new classes
>   Adding tests
>   Adding modules
> Use Cases
>

> Bill

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124