[Insight-developers] Has anyone generate Doxygen documentation on Mac OS X?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Tue Mar 29 12:04:12 EDT 2011

Luis,

Thanks for your response. It set me on the path to figure out what was
really going on.

It turns out I had BUILD_DOXYGEN set to ON but failed to enable
BUILD_DOCUMENTATION.

If BUILD_DOCUMENTATION is not ON, then FIND_PACKAGE(Perl) is never
called and thus PERL_EXECUTABLE is not set. Hence, my problem.

The need to set both BUILD_DOXYGEN and BUILD_DOCUMENTATION seems
redundant to me. VTK has only the BUILD_DOCUMENTATION option, and if
that is enabled, the Doxygen settings are included. This seems much
nicer to me and would be good to have in ITK.

I'll work on a patch to submit to gerrit that brings ITK's
documentation generation CMake options more in line with that of VTK.

Thanks,
Cory