[Insight-developers] Experience Adding Local ITK Module

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Mar 29 09:37:27 EDT 2011

Hello,

It was quite easy. After I have set up an external module on github, all I had to do is the following to integrate it into an ITK build:

cd ITK
mkdir Modules/Local
git clone git at github.com:blowekamp/itkLocalDiscreteHessian.git Modules/Local/DiscreteHessian

cd ITKBuild
ccmake -D Module_ITK-DiscreteHessian:BOOL=ON

Poof! Couldn't be easier! Well, it did take me a little bit to figure out the needed CMake option to turn on and where it was. If I were to put one feature request in it would be to automatically create a non-andvanced group option based on the created directory cmake configurations.

Creating the module was very easy too just copied a few files and defined the appropriate variables for the module. Very nice!

The other thing I would like to figure out how to do is build ITK as an external project in my projects. I would like to be able to configure the modules and also add the needed "Local" or "External" modules from different repositories.

This is looking very promising to me.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for