[Insight-developers] Modularization, Groups, IO, NRRD, oh my!

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Mon Mar 28 18:41:31 EDT 2011

I am working on a gerrit patch to make use of "ITK_IO-<xxx>_Enabled" to make
sure
those IO factories are registered  when ITKGroup_IO is on.
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1274

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 03/28/2011 02:51 PM, Daniel Blezek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I did get this output.  However, the resulting ITK library would not
> > read Nrrd images.
> >
> >   ITKGroup_IO is not set in UseITK.cmake.  There is no way to tell from
> > an external project how ITK was compiled.  (I did try to print it out
> > wath a message command)
>
> The groups are not published outside of ITK.  They are just for convenience
> in enabling a bunch of related modules together.
>
> ITKConfig.cmake provides the "ITK_MODULES_ENABLED" variable listing all
> the available modules.  There is also a <mod>_LOADED variable that
> indicates whether or not a given module has been loaded.
>
>  if(NOT ITK-IO-Nrrd_LOADED)
>    message(FATAL_ERROR "Build ITK with the ITK-IO-Nrrd module enabled!")
>  endif()
>
> -Brad

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124