[Insight-developers] Modularization, Groups, IO, NRRD, oh my!

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Mon Mar 28 14:01:52 EDT 2011

ITKers,

  I have so questions about ITK¹s new modularization scheme, now that I¹ve
had some time to digest it.

1. Why is there a Module_ITK-IO-NRRD and Module_ITK-NrrdIO?
2. Groups don¹t seem to do the right thing.  I had to explicitly turn on
IO-NRRD and NrrdIO to make SimpleITK read NRRD images, despite ITKGroup_IO
being ON.
3. How can my CMakeLists.txt file determine which modules are turned on in
ITK?  This is especially a problem for IO, because our test data comes in
many formats.  Because #2 isn¹t working, it¹s a pain to turn on all the IO
formats.  I would like to check to make sure we have the minimum supported
set of modules configured to avoid the frustration of missing include flags
and being unable to read images that worked in monolithic ITK.

Thanks,
-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic
200 First St. S.W.
Harwick SL-44
Rochester, MN 55905
mayoclinic.org
"It is more complicated than you think." -- RFC 1925