[Insight-developers] SimpleITK - does testing work with R?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 25 09:58:57 EDT 2011

Forgot to answer two of your questions...

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Bradley Lowekamp
<blowekamp at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> Luis,
>
> There is quite a lengthy description of things here:
> http://erie.nlm.nih.gov/~blowek1/SimpleITK/Wrapping.html
> Do I need to do all that for testing? or is that more installation?

Yes, you need to do this before the testing works.

So, this is like an intermediate installation.

It is overdue for automation...   :-/

> Additionally, there the R binding appear to generate "bin/libSimpleITK.so"
> this is conflicting with another language and is problematic with building
> multiple languages at the same time.

This should be fixable.

My understanding is that the name of the R package matches the
name of the library (but my R knowledge is quite limited, so I may
have got that wrong).  From our recent conversations with R developers,
chances are that the package will rather be called "RITK", which in
itself will solve the issue.