[Insight-developers] wrapping still broken with the modularized ITK

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Mar 22 10:12:41 EDT 2011

Le 22 mars 11 à 15:02, Xiaoxiao Liu a écrit :

> Just want to add something for the itkTestDriver issue you mentioned.
> The test driver in ITK has been modified  to take advance of the
> test driver feature  in CMake:http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,779
> .
> You can see that part of the code in  itkTestDriver.cxx has been put
> in itkTestDriver.h  instead.
>
> I don't know  how the tests are done in wrapping ITK, but you might
> want to use the same strategy that is adopted in the toolkit?

I don't think that's possible.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. The test driver in ITK is used to
* aggregate several c++ tests in a single program
* compare several images, with some tolerance
* set the number of threads

In wrapping, the test driver is used to
* run another executable, like python, java or tclsh, and report its
status once completed
* change some environment variable which will be used by the executed
program
* compare several images, with some tolerance
* set the number of threads used by ITK in the executed program.

That's not really the same role.

Gaëtan